Those who have a small bathroom in their house often feel the need to remodel it. However, they might end up thinking that if it will take a lot of efforts to do so. Considering the money that needs to be spent on the whole task, they think it will cost them half of the amount that is needed for it. But, this is not the case. To remodel a small bathroom, you need to spend 75% amount that of a big one.
Considerations to make:
First of all, you need to consider which type of bathroom you wish to remodel, irrespective of its size. Once you recognize the type of bathroom, the whole planning will become easier. There are several types of bathrooms including:
– Powder room
– Full bathroom
– Guest bathroom
– Master bathroom
Now that you have considered the type of bathroom, you need to consider who will be using it which means for whom you are remodeling it. The small bathroom remodel process needs you to consider the people who will be using it such as you, your kids, elders, guests, etc.
Take the estimates
As we all know time is money, you may contact a professional to know how much it is exactly going to cost you. Taking the estimate will help you in the long run to for a small bathroom remodel. If you are thinking to Do It Yourself (DIY), then you must know that it is a slow process but less expensive. If you do not have enough money to spend on remodeling your bathroom, then you may consider this option.
Choose and buy materials
Visit the market or get in touch with the contractor to know which materials you will need. There is a wide range of materials available in the market from which you can choose the required materials. In case you have enough place and time to store the materials, then you may buy everything well in advance. This will save time when you actually undergo the remodeling process.
Process Overview to remodel small bathrooms
A general overview of the remodeling process will help you in saving time, money, and efforts:
- Planning: planning well-in-advance will not only save your money but your efforts and time as well. It will make the process speedy and you will know the expected time when the task shall be completed.
- Demolition: tearing and removing of unwanted elements from your bathroom is the job that needs to be done before doing anything else. Make sure, no unnecessary stuff remains there as it will create hurdles later on.
- Framing: framing new shower stall or any other stuff in your bathroom is the next thing you need to look for.
- Plumbing: consider which things need you to hire a plumber. If this is the case, then use your web browser to search for plumbing services near me.
- Electrical work: this is yet another task that you need to complete and look at what is required to complete the electrical task. Hiring an electrician will help you in this situation.
- Drywall installation: you need to open a part of the wall or ceiling after you are done with the plumbing and electrical task.
- Tiles and flooring: after this, you need to see which tiles need to be applied at which place. Do you need it on the walls or on the floor as well?
Once you are done with over-viewing the complete process, you can actually start the process to remodel small bathrooms in your house. You may also consider going through a small bathroom ideas list to give a new look to it. If you consider the points given in this article, hopefully, you will love it.